Bring on the napkins! These are tangy, sweet, and sloppy -- just the way you like them -- but with a delectable hint of smokiness. If you don't have smoked paprika (also called pimenton) or chipotles (which are smoked jalapenos), try substituting half a teaspoon of liquid smoke.
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· 1 clove garlic,, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
· 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
· 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder, (or 1/2 teaspoon canned chipotles)
· 1 cup ketchup
· 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
· 3 tablespoons brown sugar
· 4 hamburger buns
In a large skillet over high heat, sauté the beef, onions, and garlic until the beef is cooked and browning, and all the liquid has boiled off (around 10 minutes).
Turn the heat down to low, and then add the spices and cook, stirring, for a few seconds.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, then partially cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
Divide the mixture among the buns and serve.
Happy Cooking ☺