These burgers are perfect for Canada Day bbq. They are extremely moist and flavorful due to the hoisin sauce. Serve these on miniature hamburger buns and add some sautéed onions.
· 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
· 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
· 1/4 cup chopped green onion
· 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro or parsley
· 4 tbsp. hoisin sauce
· 2 tsp. minced garlic
· 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
· 1 egg
· 2 tbsp. water
· 1 tsp. sesame oil
1. Heat the barbecue to high and spray with cooking oil, or preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Combine the beef, breadcrumbs, green onion, cilantro or parsley, 2 Tbsp. of the hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and egg in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and form into 10 mini burgers.
3. Whisk the water, remaining 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl.
4. Brush half of the sauce over the burgers.
5. Barbecue, or place on a rack on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes (until no longer pink in the center). Turn the patties once, halfway through, and brush with the remaining sauce. Serve on mini hamburger buns, if desired, and garnish with sautéed onions.
Happy Cooking ☺