Simply delicious! It contains ingredients I usually have on hand – a great crowd pleaser!
· 1 pkg. wide egg noodles (1 lb.)
· 1 pkg. lean ground beef
· 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
· 2 cans of water
· 2 green onions, chopped
· 2 tbsp. self-rising flour
· Dried parsley
· Dried basil
1. Preheat pan to medium high and add beef. Break up with a spoon but you don't have to be perfect with it, this is a really rustic meal.
2. Add onions, a little paprika, and cook till brown. Meanwhile heat water in a large pot for the noodles. I turn the heat to high and then add a good deal of salt when the water is boiling rapidly, add the noodles.
3. After the beef is done, remove from the pan. Drain any excess grease. Then add the mushroom soup and water. Whisk together till the soup is thoroughly mixed. Add flour and whisk really well to cook the flour out, let simmer and the flour will thicken the gravy.
4. Check the noodles for them to be al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain them and add to the gravy. Add meat back in and mix carefully to get the gravy coated all over. Drizzle with dried herbs and serve hot!
Happy Cooking ☺