A hearty family dinner packed into one casserole dish.
|Easy Ground Beef Casserole with Potatoes and Veggies|
· 1 lb. ground beef
· 1 medium onion
· 1 large red pepper
· 2 cups frozen green beans
· 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
· Paprika and pepper
· 4 medium-sized potatoes
· 1 tablespoon of butter
· 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1/2 a cup milk
· 1 egg
· 3/4 cup shredded cheese
1. Prep: Peel (4 medium-sized) potatoes & slice. Cover with water and bring to a boil; once boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook for around 14 additional minutes until tender. Meanwhile, dice onion and red pepper.
2. Brown ground beef. Add onions and peppers, chopped garlic and frozen green beans Season with a generous amount of paprika and pepper. Cook 5-10 minutes longer until the onions are softened and green beans tender.
3. MASH POTATOES: When the potatoes are done, drain them in a colander. In the now empty pot, put butter, granulated garlic, salt, Dijon mustard and 1/2 a cup milk. When the butter is melted, add the potatoes back into the pan and mash them. Stir in 1 beaten egg.
4. ASSEMBLE: Spray an 11-cup capacity casserole dish with canola oil and spread the meat/veggie mix across the bottom. Sprinkle shredded cheese (1/2 cup). Cover with dollops of mashed potato and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with an additional shredded cheese (1/4 cup) and a little paprika.
5. BAKE: Bake for 20-24 minutes in a 400F oven.