Here’s an easy frittata recipe for you to enjoy hot or cold.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
· 4-6 cooked meatballs, cut in half
· 4Tsp. olive oil
· 2 small potatoes diced
· Salt and fresh ground pepper
· 1/2 cup onion, diced
· 1/2 cup each green (or red) pepper, zucchini, and asparagus, chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 3-4 cherry tomatoes, sliced, optional
· 6 eggs
· 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided (you'll use some for garnish later)
· Generous sprinkle of dried thyme
1. In a large, deep oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring a time or two, for 3 minutes or so. Add onion, green peppers, zucchini, and asparagus. Again, lightly season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook vegetables until potatoes are nearly tender and add garlic. Cook stirring, another minute or two.
3. Stir in cherry tomatoes and cooked meatballs. Heat through.
4. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the seasoned eggs into the skillet on top of the vegetables and sprinkle all with half of the Parmesan cheese. Add thyme. Let cook stove-top until eggs are about half-way cooked.
5. Carefully move skillet to oven and bake until eggs are set and frittata is browning. Oven time will depend on how long the eggs were cooked stove-top, but check in 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
6. Turn out onto a large cutting board and let sit 2 minutes or so before cutting into two pieces. You can also serve right from the pan. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the frittata as you plate or at table.
Happy Cooking ☺