So good you can cut with a fork!
· 2 pounds ground beef
· 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
· Salt and pepper
· 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
· 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
· 1/4 cup finely chopped dill
· 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
· 3 tablespoons butter, divided
· 1/2 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 1 large clove garlic, chopped
· 2 tablespoons flour
· 1/2 cup dry white wine
· 2 cups beef stock
· 1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a bowl, combine meat with Worcestershire, salt, pepper and herbs. Divide the mixture into 4 portions then form each portion into patties, making them thinner at the center for even cooking. Drizzle burgers with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers 10 minutes for medium-rare and up to 16 minutes for medium-well, turning them once halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook 7-8 minutes. Add onions and garlic, and cook 7-8 minutes more, until tender. Season with salt and pepper, stir in flour, cook 1 minute then stir in wine and stock. Bring to a bubble, reduce heat and let thicken. Stir in sour cream and turn off heat.
To serve, set burger on plate then spoon the Stroganoff sauce down over top. Sprinkle parsley on top.
Happy Cooking ☺