These easy meatloaf muffins took less time to bake in the oven than the traditional method of baking in a loaf pan or cast iron skillet.
· 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
· 3/4 cup crushed crackers
· 1 packet instant onion soup mix
· 1 egg
· 3/4 cup water
· 1/3 cup ketchup
1. HEAT the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) degrees.
2. Place 12-15 saltine crackers in a one cup food processor and pulse into rough crumbs.
3. Place the meat, onion soup mix, cracker crumbs, egg, water and ketchup in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with hands, but try not to mash the meat together.
VERY IMPORTANT FOR EASY CLEAN UP LATER: Grease the muffin pan.
4. Fill each muffin cup with about 1/2 cup of the meat mixture. Do not pack it down, but gently press the top flat.
5. Add an extra dollop of ketchup to the tops and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon.
6. BAKE for 30-40 minutes, until meatloaf muffins pull away from the sides. While the muffins are baking, you'll have plenty of time to make home cooked mashed potatoes. Transfer hot meatloaf muffins to a large serving bowl and you're ready to eat!
Happy Cooking ☺