Breakfast doesn’t have to be time-consuming. Here is a simple, creative and delicious way to include lean protein in your breakfast routine.
· 1 lb. ground beef (96% lean)
· 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
· 1 small onion, finely chopped
· 2 teaspoons ground chile powder
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
· 4 eggs, beaten
· 2 tablespoons water
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
· 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
· 1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded Cheddar cheese
· 4 medium spinach or plain flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
1. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef with bell pepper, onion, chili powder and cumin; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from beef mixture from skillet; keep warm.
2. Combine eggs, water and 1 tablespoon cilantro in medium bowl. Spray same skillet with cooking spray. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, if desired. Stir in beef mixture and cheese; cook 1 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
3. Spoon beef mixture evenly in a row across center of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border on right and left sides. Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up; cut diagonally in half. Serve with salsa, as desired.