For a lean and tasty ground beef alternative, this dish will bring cheers to the table and can be made in less than 25 minutes.
· 3/4 pound ground beef
· 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
· 2 large egg whites
· Cooking spray
· 3/4 cup water
· 3 tablespoons tomato paste
· 2 tablespoons Madeira wine or dry sherry
· 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed French onion soup (such as Campbell's)
1. Combine first 4 ingredients.
2. Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning after 3 minutes.
3. Remove patties from pan; keep warm. Stir in water and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; add patties. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until wine mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes).