Looking for a warm and filling casserole recipe for dinner tonight? Then check out this cheesy pasta baked with vegetables and ground beef in just an hour!
· 1 lb. lean ground beef
· 6 oz. (2 cups) uncooked rigatoni (pasta tubes with ridges)
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
· ½ teaspoon dried dill weed, if desired
· 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray. In large saucepan, cook rigatoni to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; return to saucepan.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic until beef is browned and thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
3. Add ground beef mixture, tomatoes and dill to cooked rigatoni; mix well. Pour into sprayed casserole. Cover.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Happy Cooking ☺