A perfect dinner for those nights when everyone is on the run.
· 1 lb. Extra Lean ground beef
· 1 Large Onion
· 1 Clove of garlic (minced)
· 2 cups (500 mL) curly broad egg noodles
· 2 cups (500 mL) sliced mushrooms
· 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
· 1 can (10 oz. /284 mL) condensed fat-reduced cream of mushroom soup
· ¾ cup (175 mL) light sour cream
· 1 tbsp. (15 mL) Worcestershire Sauce or Dijon mustard
· Chopped fresh parsley and paprika
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Cook 1 lb. Extra-Lean Ground Beef in Dutch oven over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, breaking into small chunks with back of spoon, until browned. Drain and return to pot. Add 1 EACH onion and clove of garlic, minced.
3. Meanwhile, stir-fry mushrooms and sweet pepper with a splash of vegetable oil in a deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, until softened and any liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated, (about 10 minutes).
4. Stir in ground beef mixture, soup, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce; simmer over medium heat 10 minutes.
Serve over hot egg noodles; garnish with minced fresh parsley and paprika.
Happy Cooking ☺