Looking for a recipe that’s short, simple, easy, quick, and most of all tasty? This is definitely a good one!
· 1lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
· 1envelope (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix
· 1 ½ cups water
· 1cup Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
· 1cup frozen whole kernel corn (from 1-lb bag)
· 1 1/2cups uncooked instant rice
· 3/4cup shredded taco-seasoned cheese (3 oz.)
· 1cup shredded lettuce
· 1medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
· Sour cream, if desired
1. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
2. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water, salsa and corn. Heat to boiling; stir in rice. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Cover; let stand 8 minutes.
3. Fluff rice mixture with fork; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle lettuce around edge of skillet; sprinkle tomato in circle next to lettuce. Serve with sour cream.
Happy Cooking ☺