Nick out did himself on this one!
With cranberry sauce and brown sugar - Nick created a tangy glaze for moist meatballs that are good as an appetizer or as a main dish over rice.
· 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
· 2 eggs
· 1 envelope onion soup mix
· 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
· 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
· 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
· 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
· 3/4 cup ketchup
· 1/2 cup beef broth
· 3 tablespoons brown sugar
· 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
· 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1. In a bowl, combine eggs, soup mix, bread crumbs, cranberries and parsley. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 12 to 14 balls on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
2. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, rotating once. Gently stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Happy Cooking ☺ and Merry Christmas!