It’s not only a great option for breakfast, but served with soup or salad, Cheeseburger Frittata would be perfect for brunch, lunch or supper. (And if you wanna enjoy it with a squirt of ketchup, I won’t tell.)
· 1 lb. ground beef
· 1/4 teaspoon + dashes salt, divided
· 1/4 teaspoon + dashes pepper, divided
· 1/4 teaspoon + dashes garlic powder, divided
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 medium-large onion, chopped
· 10 large eggs
· 3 tablespoons milk
· 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
Optional additions: sautéed mushroom, diced tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Butter or coat with cooking spray pie pan. (I used a 10" pie pan for this recipe, but a 9" deep dish should work as well.)
3. Brown hamburger with a few pinches/dashes of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion with a pinch of salt and pepper until translucent.
5. Beat together eggs, milk, 1/2 of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon of each: salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
6. Evenly distribute the browned hamburger on the bottom of the pie pan, and then top with sautéed onions.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the top of hamburger and onion. Top with remaining cheese.
8. Bake in 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes until set. (I used a 10" pie pan, so adjust cooking time accordingly for different size.)
Happy Cooking ☺