Great Recipe Great Flavor Very Easy! I served it as an appetizer and it went fast.
· 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
· 20 large whole fresh mushrooms
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 1 tablespoon oil
· 1 small onion, finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (to taste) (optional)
· 4 slices ham, chopped
· 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
· 1/3 cup dry sherry
· 1/3 cup fine breadcrumb
· Seasoning salt or white salt
· Fresh ground black pepper or cayenne (in place of black pepper if you prefer spicy)
· Mozzarella cheese, shredded or parmesan cheese, if desired
1. Prepare a large baking sheet.
2. Carefully remove the stems off of the mushroom caps and finely chop; set aside.
3. Place the mushroom caps stem side down on a baking sheet and place in a 375 degree F oven for about 12-15 minutes to release their moisture; set aside until cool enough to handle.
4. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet until hot and cook the ground beef with onion and garlic until the beef is browned (about 8 minutes) stirring occasionally.
5. Add in the chopped mushroom stems, chopped ham, Parmesan cheese and sherry; cook stirring for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and add in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper (or cayenne pepper if using); mix to combine.
7. Divide and stuff the ground beef mixture into each mushroom cap pushing down into the cap using your fingers or the back of a spoon.
8. Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese or Parmesan cheese.
9. Set oven to broil heat and broil the caps about 3-inches from heat for about 2-5 minutes.
10. Serve hot.
Happy Cooking ☺