Am pretty sure your family and friends will enjoy this and especially MOM! - after all, the ingredients are pretty much pantry staple. So here's a quick BBQ Ground Beef Pizza for those nights when you fancy Pizza but want to make one at home. I use the store bought pizza crust for this but no one will stop you if you want to make your own too!
· 1 lb. ground beef
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 2 (10-12 inch) pizza crust, store-bought or homemade
· 1 cup barbecue sauce*
· 2 cups of grated cheese (mozarella or sharp cheddar or a combo of both - this is good for 1 pizza crust)
· *I often use Texas Bold but you can use your favorite barbecue sauce or make your own.
1. Preheat the oven according to the pizza manufacturer's instruction.
2. Spray some non-stick cooking oil on a heated frying pan. Brown the ground beef. Crumble with a fork as you brown it to separate the meat. Stir in the chopped onion and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add the barbecue sauce. Stir it in to ensure that all the beef are coated with the sauce. Simmer on low heat uncovered for about ten minutes. Drain the beef if necessary.
3. Divide the beef mixture into two (if using two crusts). I usually freeze half of the sauce for later use and only do 1 pizza since we are only a small family of 4.
4. Spread all but 3 tablespoons (set it aside) of the beef mixture on the pizza crust. Sprinkle the cheese all over the sauce. Use the left over beef as topping for the pizza.
5. Bake in the oven according to the pizza manufacturer's instruction (approximately 10-12 min. with a temp range between 400F - 450F)
Enjoy a slice or two! Great with some salad on the side!
Happy Cooking ☺