This easy-to-make nacho dish is a Perfect game-day (or any day) food.
Exactly what you're looking for in nachos: chips, ground beef, melty cheese, salsa, and a jalapeño zap.
· 1/2 pound lean ground beef
· 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1/2 cup salsa
· 7 to 8 cups (7 oz.) sturdy tortilla chips
· 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Traditional Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
Optional toppings: diced ripe avocado, sliced pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped cilantro and additional salsa
1. Cook and stir meat with bell pepper and garlic in large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; simmer 5 minutes.
2. Arrange tortilla chips in single layer on foil-lined 12-inch pizza pan or large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over chips. Spoon meat mixture over chips; top with remaining cheese.
3. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 12 to 14 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top as desired.
Happy Cooking ☺