Pizza burgers are usually a kid's favorite, but by adding spices and cheese to the meat and serving them on English muffins, they've become a favorite for adults too.
· 1 lb. lean ground beef
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· Drizzle of canola/vegetable/olive oil
· 1 can tomato soup
· 1/4 cup water
· 1 tablespoon pizza or Italian seasoning
· 4 English muffins, split into 8
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 1 tablespoon garlic salt
· 32 pepperoni slices
· 2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Start by adding the onions and a drizzle of oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Heat through. Add the ground beef and cook all the way through. Once the meat is cooked, add the tomato soup, water and pizza seasoning. Reduce to low and let simmer.
2. While the meat and sauce are simmering, preheat the oven on broil and spread the butter evenly on each English muffin half. Sprinkle with garlic salt and top each with 4 slices of pepperoni. Pop these under the broiler on a cookie sheet for about 2 minutes or until they begin to brown just on the edges.
3. Take out of the oven and top each English muffin with about 1/4 cup of the meat and sauce mixture. Top each of those with the cheese. Place back under the broiler for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown and bubbly.
Happy Cooking ☺