Homemade stew in 20 minutes! Try this family-pleasing, comfort food meal that fits your busy schedule.
· ½ lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
· ¼ cup chopped onion
· 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
· 2 cups diced tomatoes, drained (from 28-oz can)
· 1 jar (12 oz.) home-style beef gravy
· ¼ teaspoon pepper
· 1 cup water
· 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
· ½ teaspoon garlic salt
· ½ cup milk
· 1 1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. In 10-inch non-stick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
2. Add all remaining Stew ingredients; mix well. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat water, margarine and garlic salt to boiling. Remove from heat; add milk. Stir in potato flakes and parsley. Cover to keep warm.
4. To serve, fluff potatoes with fork. Serve stew over potatoes.