Double-up two favorites, with sloppy Joe flavor from prepared sauce jazzing up ground beef and instant mashed potatoes adding a crowning touch.
· 1 lb. lean ground beef
· ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
· 1 ½ cups Green Giant® Frozen Mixed Vegetables
· 1 (15.5-oz.) can sloppy Joe sandwich sauce
· 1 pouch roasted garlic mashed potatoes (from 7.2-oz. pkg.)
· 1 ¼ cups hot water
· ½ cup milk
· 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large non-stick skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
2. Add mixed vegetables and sandwich sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon into ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish.
3. Meanwhile, cook mashed potatoes as directed on package, using hot water, milk and margarine. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon or pipe potatoes around edges of hot beef mixture. Sprinkle paprika over potatoes.
4. Bake at 350°F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
Happy Cooking ☺