These hearty beef tacos will be a welcome addition to your family's "Taco Night”.
Reminiscent of the classic "taco dinner in a box," this version leaves room for improvisation. Add more or less chili powder or spice things up with a dash of hot sauce, a pinch of cayenne or more jalapenos.
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 teaspoon white vinegar
· 1 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 a medium onion)
· 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
· Shredded iceberg lettuce, for the topping
· 3 tablespoons tomato paste
· 3 tablespoons chili powder
· 2 teaspoons dried oregano
· 1/3 cup water
· Salsa, for the topping
· Cilantro, for the topping
· Sliced radishes, for the topping
· Avocado, for the topping
· Sour cream, for the topping
· Shredded cheese, for the topping
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, jalapeno and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes (do not let brown). Crumble in the beef and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up lumps, until meat is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste, chili powder, oregano, salt and water. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until taco filling is heated through. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
3. Spoon a scant 1/3 cup taco filling into each tortilla and serve with desired toppings.
Happy Cooking ☺