An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in caramelized onion sauce. It’s a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the ingredients on hand!" A diner classic!
· 1 ⅔ lb. extra lean ground beef, formed into 6 patties
· 1 tbsp. canola oil
· 4 cups thinly sliced onions
· 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
· ¼ cup apple juice
· 2 tbsp. water
· ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
· ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
· 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
· 2 cups hot cooked whole wheat pasta, cooked without salt
1. Cook beef patties fully, in large non-stick skillet at medium high heat. Remove patties and keep hot.
2. Cook onions until browning begins, in heated oil in same skillet, stirring often. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in soup, juice, water, thyme and pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve pasta onto 6 plates, top with patty and onion gravy.
Happy Cooking ☺