I cannot begin to tell you how delicious this soup is. I know it seems like there are a lot of ingredients, but really it is just a lot of opening and dumping....soooo easy! This makes a nice big pot of soup, and everyone who tried it loved it!
· 2 pounds ground beef
· 2 cups diced onions
· 2 cans pinto beans
· 1 can pink kidney beans
· 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
· 1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
· 1 can diced tomatoes
· 1 can tomatoes with chiles
· 2 cans diced green chiles
· 1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
· 1 package taco seasoning mix
· 1 package ranch salad dressing mix
· Corn chips, for serving
· Sour cream, for garnish
· Grated cheese, for garnish
· Chopped green onions, for garnish
· Pickled jalapenos, for garnish
1. Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot.
2. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove.
3. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.
Happy Cooking ☺