The flavors in this burger balance perfectly: the spice of sriracha counters the sweetness of hoisin, and the acid of homemade pickles cuts through the richness of the ground beef. Try it out this week and you’ll never think about a burger the same way again.
· 1 lb. ground beef
· ½ English cucumber
· ½ cup rice wine vinegar
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
· 2 scallions, thinly sliced
· 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
· 1 Tbsp. sriracha
· 4 sesame-seed buns, lightly toasted
· ¼ cup hoisin sauce
1. Make the pickles by combining the cucumber, vinegar, and a few pinches of salt in a bowl or jar. Set aside.
2. Preheat the grill over medium heat. Combine the ground beef, garlic, ginger, and scallions. Gently shape into patties and grill for about 5 minutes on each side.
3. Combine the mayonnaise and sriracha and spread on the bottom buns. Spread the top buns with hoisin and then sandwich the two halves around the burger with pickles.
Happy Cooking ☺