This is my absolute favorite recipe for meatloaf. It is sooooo good! I serve it with "chip salad" or just a regular salad with fat-free Catalina dressing.
· 1 lb. ground beef lean
· 3/4 c. rotel ( canned diced tomatoes & green chilis)
· 1 tsp. chili powder
· 14 oz. can black beans; drained & rinsed shopping list
· 1/2 c. cheddar/jack shredded cheese
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. In bowl, break up beef with a fork. Mix in 1/4 c. of the Rotel, chili powder, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Divide into 8 portions. Place in muffin cups.
2. Press center of each to form a well 3/4 in. deep and 1 1/2 in. wide.
3. Bake in 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until firm to the touch and no longer pink.
4. Combine beans and remaining Rotel. Spoon into wells.
5. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake for 7-8 min. or until beans are hot and cheese has melted.
7. Using two forks, remove from muffin cups.
Happy Cooking ☺