This mouth-watering dish starts with refrigerated pie crust for quick prep and a savory, satisfying meal.
A nice change for dinner that is very quick and easy to prepare. The hard part is waiting for it to bake while smelling the delicious smell.
· 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
· 1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
· 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
· 1 teaspoon garlic salt
· ½ teaspoon pepper
· 3 Dashes of Worcestershire
· 3 tablespoons cornstarch
· 2 cups frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
· 3 medium carrots, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
· 1 jar (12 oz.) beef gravy
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, Worcestershire, garlic salt and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
2. Stir cornstarch into beef mixture until mixed. Stir in potatoes, carrots and gravy. Cook 5 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until hot. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust; cover edge of crust with foil.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.