· 2 lbs. Ground beef, preferably medium
· 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
· 2 tsp. Chili powder
· 1 tsp. Salt
· 3 green onions, thinly slicedThe secret to any great burger? Use medium, not the usual lean, ground beef. Then you can pass on the egg-and-bread-crumb routine.
1. Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high.
2. In a bowl, stir chili sauce with chili powder and salt. Crumble in meat. Add onions. Using your hands or a fork, gently mix. Shape into 8 burgers, each about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
3. To prevent burgers from puffing up when grilling, use your thumb to make a shallow depression in centre of each. Place on grill. Barbecue with lid closed until burgers are cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Delicious tucked into warm buns with slices of tomato and grilled onions and a slice of cheese.
Happy Cooking ☺