Consider taking the Korean BBQ style to the next round of burgers you serve up. Most of the ingredients you’ll have on hand if you’re used to throwing together a quick stir-fry after a long day at the office so as to make it to the couch quicker. Lots of Asian staples are included – soy sauce, ginger, and they make for a super flavorful burger.
· 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
· 1/2 cup chopped green onions
· 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
· 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
· 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 6 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns split
· 6 red leaf lettuce leaves
· 6 tablespoons thinly sliced radishes
1. Combine first 8 ingredients. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
2. Place patties on the grill; grill 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from grill; let patties stand 5 minutes.
3. Place buns, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tablespoon radishes, and top half of bun.
Happy Cooking ☺