A Great combination of Italian & Mexican.
I love chili and I love lasagna so this was a nice twist to combine the two. I easily made this as a double batch and made another tray to freeze. It’s an awesome dish to pull out of the freezer, microwave, throw on some Taco Sauce and ready to go!
· 1 lb. (450 g) lean ground beef
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 jar (645 mL) pasta sauce
· 1/4 cup water
· 1 can (19 oz. /540 mL) black beans, rinsed
· 1 green pepper, finely chopped
· 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
· 1 Tbsp. chili powder
· 2 tsp. ground cumin
· 9 lasagne noodle s, cooked
· 1-1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
· 2 cups Tex Mex Shredded Cheese
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Brown meat with garlic in large skillet. Add next 7 ingredients; stir. Simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally.
3. Spread 2 cups meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with layers of 3 noodles, 1/2 cup each cottage cheese and shredded cheese, and 2 cups of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
4. Bake 1 hour 10 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 1 hour. Let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve.
Happy Cooking ☺