One of my all-time favourite comfort foods is enchiladas; however they can be a lot of work. So to quicken things up and keep the awesome flavour, I decided to make a big pie/lasagne like creation to satisfy my craving and impatience.
|Easy Enchilada Pie|
· 1 lb. (450 g) extra-lean ground beef
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1-1/2 cups salsa
· 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
· 1 cup frozen corn
· 1 cup (1/2 of 19-fl oz. /540-mL can) rinsed red kidney beans
· 3 large flour tortillas
· 1-1/2 cups Tex Mex Shredded Cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 F.
2. Brown meat with onions in a large skillet. Add salsa, taco seasoning, corn and beans; mix well. Cover; simmer 5 min. Remove from heat.
3. Place 1 tortilla in deep-dish 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray; top with layers of 1/3 each of the meat mixture and cheese. Repeat all layers twice; cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Bake 30 min. or until heated through, uncovering for the last 5 min. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.
Happy Cooking ☺
P.S. Sign up Today and Get Money Saving Meal Ideas, Tips and Special Offers right to Your Inbox. Click Here.