A unique burger that you won’t find at your local burger joint. With rich depth of flavor, yet still deceptively simple and easy to put together. There is nothing like it.
|Bacon Wrapped Burger|
For the burgers:
· 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
· 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
· Pinch each salt and pepper
· 4 slices center cut bacon
For the balsamic glaze:
· 1/2 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
1. Begin with the balsamic glaze by pouring balsamic vinegar into a small sauce pan over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium-medium high to simmer. Stir occasionally until sauce has reached desired thickness. 20-30 minutes should be all you need. Once desired consistency is reached, remove from heat immediately.
2. In a large bowl, gently combine ground beef, gorgonzola cheese, and salt and pepper until ingredients are just incorporated. Form into 4 equal-sized patties. Press your thumb down into the center of each patty to create a small indent. Wrap each burger with a slice of bacon.
3. Grill over medium heat beginning with the edge of the bacon side facing down until burgers have reached desired doneness, about 5 minutes each side. Transfer to buns and add lettuce and tomato. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Happy Cooking ☺