A hearty bowl of chili warms the body and soul and it's healthy.
- 1 pound lean – ground beef
- 1 16 ounce jar of green salsa or enchilada sauce
- 1 15 ounce can of red kidney beans – ( rinse the beans)
- 1 large Chopped red bell pepper
- 6 Chopped cloves garlic
- 1 large Chopped onion
- 2 tsp. Ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Chilli powder to taste
- 1/4 cup Water
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion, beef and bell pepper at medium temperatures. Ensure that the meat is crumbled so as to facilitate the cooking. Cook until the meat has attained a brown color and is thoroughly cooked.
- To this add the garlic, cumin, chilli powder and cayenne pepper. Stir well until the spices reach every part of the mixture, then pour in the salsa and the water, mixing well.
- Reduce the temperature to medium-high heat and cook the beef, keeping it covered. Stir occasionally and cook until the beef and the vegetables soften, then add the red kidney beans to the mixture and cook for about a minute. Serve hot!
Happy Cooking ☺