A cool refreshing salad simply does not taste nearly as comforting as a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day.
This Lasagna Soup Recipe has all the traditional flavors of lasagna and comes together for a heart warming meal-in-a-bowl.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 box Ready to Use 30% Less Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 can Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 2 cups whole wheat short lasagna-noodle-shaped pasta (mafalda corta)
- 3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven lightly with cooking spray. Brown beef well at medium-high heat.
- Add broth, soup, water, garlic, oregano, pepper and tomato. Heat to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and reduce heat.
- Cover and cook at gentle boil until pasta is tender - about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
If you cannot find mafalda pasta, it can be replaced by any short pasta - rotini, fusilli, bowties or even broken fettuccine or long mafalda.
Garnishing with a few sprigs of fresh oregano, right before serving, gives this dish an enticing appearance and aroma.
Happy Cooking ☺
I found a way around the higher prices! Swipe this file and start saving money when buying ground beef.