This good old ground beef recipe has probably fallen out of favor a little bit in the last few years because some people consider it one of the more fattening dishes.
That’s fine with me – I’m happy to pump out an extra hour or two of exercise if it means I get a big bowl of bacon/mushroom /beef goodness.
|Creamy Ground Beef and Mushroom Surprise|
· 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
· 4 slices of bacon
· 1/4 cup onions, chopped
· 3 cups sliced mushrooms
· 1 cup whipping cream
· 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
· 3 eggs, beaten
· 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
· 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
· Pasta of choice
1. In a large pot start cooking your pasta of choice.
2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet until cooked. Remove from the skillet, leaving the juices in the skillet.
3. Use that same skillet to cook the ground beef, onion, mushrooms and garlic, along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until beef is cooked and then drain.
4. Once pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot. Stir through the whipping cream and cook over medium-high heat for no more than 2 minutes.
5. Stir through the bacon, eggs and the ground beef mixture and cook over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes, continually stirring everything through.
6. Either stir through the Parmesan cheese or use purely as a topping on the plate. Garnish with the parsley.
Happy Cooking ☺
P.S. Sign up Today and Get Money Saving Meal Ideas, Tips and Special Offers right to Your Inbox. Click Here.