Put this on the table tonight!!!
This recipe goes right into one of our favourite family meals because of its flavor, its ease of preparation, and most people will have all the ingredients on hand.
|Creamy Comfort Casserole|
· 1-1/4 pound Ground Beef
· 1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
· 1/2 teaspoon Salt
· Freshly Ground Black Pepper
· 8 ounces, weight Egg Noodles
· 1/2 cup Sour Cream
· 1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
· 1/2 cup Sliced Green Onions (less To Taste)
· 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat, and then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, and then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
5. To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, and then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
Serve with crusty French bread.
Happy Cooking ☺