Here’s an interesting twist for you taco lovers. Instead of regular Italian stuffed shells, try Taco stuffed pasta shells! This recipe for taco stuffed pasta shells consists of ground beef and cream cheese for the filling and is topped with tortilla chips and cheese.
The traditional pasta sauce is replaced with a combination of salsa and taco sauce… and the best part… you can make it as hot as you want! Everyone that tried these thought they were great and the flavor was absolutely delicious.
|Taco Pasta Shells|
· 1lb ground beef
· 1 package taco seasoning
· 1 4 ounce package cream cheese
· 12 large pasta shells
· 1 cup salsa
· 1 cup taco sauce
· 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
· 1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
· 1 ½ cups tortilla chips (crushed)
· 3 green onions (chopped)
· 1 cup sour cream
1. In a fry pan cook ground beef and add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and allow to fully cool. While burger is cooking cook the pasta shells, drain and toss well with butter.
2. Pour salsa in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
3. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place the stuffed shells in the baking dish and cover the tops of the shells with taco sauce.
4. Cover and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, uncover, and sprinkle crushed chips and shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses on top. Cook for about 15 more minutes. Serve with sour cream, additional salsa, or whatever you think goes good with tacos!