Don't let busy days keep you from a warm, comforting homemade meal! Here's a comfort food meal that is rich with flavour and can be made in a slow cooker or Crock pot.
|Beef Chili and Sweet Potato|
· 1 lb. lean ground beef
· 1 tbsp. canola oil
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 3 cups sweet potato, diced
· 2 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1 tbsp. cumin
· 1 tbsp. chili powder
· 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
· 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
· 1 cup Ready to Use No Salt Added Chicken broth
· 1 can Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano soup
· ½ cup fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy bottom saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and brown the meat.
2. Add the onions and sweet potato. Sauté for 2 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook for one minute. Pour the mixture into slow cooker.
4. Add the kidney beans, diced tomato, broth and the soup to the slow cooker. Mix well and let cook for 4 hours on high.
5. Add the cilantro and season to taste. Mix well and Serve.
Happy Cooking ☺