Enjoy this pizza pie with luscious tomatoes, rosemary-seasoned ground beef and crumbly feta cheese. The flavours work perfectly with hearty pita bread crust.
- 6 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 6 inches whole wheat or white pita bread rounds
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (1 ounce)
- 12 pitted ripe olives, halved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is browned; drain off fat. Stir tomato sauce and rosemary into meat mixture in skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Carefully split pita bread rounds in half horizontally; place pita halves, rough sides up, in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Top toasted pita bread with meat mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Top with spinach, tomato, feta cheese, and, if desired, olives; serve immediately.
Happy Cooking ☺
I found a way around the higher prices! Swipe this file and start saving money when buying ground Beef.