Here's an ultimate breakfast sandwich – a deliciously grilled burger with crisp bacon and a fried egg! Bro's Breakfast Burger is a satisfying comfort food sandwich that is perfect any time of day.
|Bro's Breakfast Burger|
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. white onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. strongly brewed coffee, optional
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- 5 eggs, cooked over easy or to taste
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- Softened butter, optional
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Use your hands to mix together all of the beef ingredients. Separate the mixture into five patties
- Place the patties on this grill and cook, flipping once, until done.
- While the burgers cook, fry the bacon. Once cooked, move the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Drain most of the bacon drippings from the pan, then fry the eggs to taste. Set aside.
- Split the hamburger buns, spread the butter onto the split sides.
- Once the burgers are fully cooked (but still on the grill), add the buns, buttered side down, to the grill to toast and place a slice of cheese onto each burger
- Cook until the buns are toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Place the burgers onto the toasted buns, followed by bacon and a fried egg. Serve hot.
Makes 5 Breakfast Burgers
Happy Cooking ☺