Enjoy this scrumptious beef and wild rice casserole packed with cheese and mushroom – a delicious dinner. It’s super easy, fast to put together, and inexpensive to make. The wild rice adds a really nice flavor.
• 1 lb. lean ground beef
· 1 (6.2-oz.) pkg. fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix (with seasoning packet)
· 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can condensed mushroom soup
· ¼ cup milk
· ¼ teaspoon pepper
· 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray. Prepare rice mix as directed on package, omitting margarine.
2. Meanwhile, brown ground beef in medium skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add soup, milk, pepper and cooked rice mixture; mix well. Spoon into sprayed casserole. Cover.
3. Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.